Friday, August 12, 2011

I did it!

I finished knitting my very first scarf!  In my previous post you'll notice that I started with red yarn and skinny needles.  Well, my hands hurt so bad after get that far along that friends suggested I try larger needles.  That worked!!  I upgraded to a 15 instead of 10's.  And I found yarn that was less "stringy" which made it difficult for a first timer like me to follow where my actual stitches were.

Here is my finished product!


I used the basic knitting stitch for the entire thing.  And I didn't follow a pattern (because I never follow directions until I'm half way through with something and realize I did it wrong) so it's a bit wide for a scarf, but the person who is receiving it as a gift will love it no matter what it looks like.  He'll have to remain nameless though incase he's reading this. ha!

Up next?  Another scarf! This time I'm learning the Purl stitch, and I learned my lesson so I'll be making this one skinnier.


I followed this youtube video.  There are no words so you don't have to have your sound on!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job. I'd never post a picture of my first project let alone give it to anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kate - this looks great! Super impressive for a first knitting project. :)

    ReplyDelete